One of the things I had on my to do list for 2017 was certainly Yoga. I did the pregnancy Yoga and I’ve really enjoyed it, so was really keen on trying the Mum & Baby yoga while I’m on mat leave. Had the first class on Thursday and really enjoyed having a bit of time for myself. Baby Em was quite quiet, which was certainly unusual. I think she really enjoyed looking into other babies from her age. For me it was really amazing to stretch a bit!
Some of the exercises we did together
Benefits of Mother and Baby Yoga:
- Strengthening and toning your muscles, especially abdominals, pelvic floor and back.
- Encouraging you and your baby to find time and space for relaxation.
- Using the breath to increase calm and confidence.
- Improving your sleep.
- Promoting understanding of your baby’s development.
- Engaging and bonding with your baby.
Honestly, the main benefit I’ve seen was to be able to do an activity that made me feel I was having a bit of my old life back.
Need to find some classes on a Saturday so I can carry on some yoga once I’m back at work.
Do you like yoga? Any experiences you would like to share? Did you setup any health challenge for this year?